Monday, May 05, 2008

I'm back!

And I'm done!
The paper was turned in at 10:30 this morning. Barring any horrendous grading tragedies, I am now finished with the coursework for my Ph.D. (yay!)
While I thought that my term papers would never end, it just doesn't seem possible that this is it, class-wise. I've got one more language exam to pass this summer, and then it's on to the qualifying exams. (eek!)
But for today, I'm just going to relax. After I turned in the paper, I ran some errands, had some lunch, and then bought some celebratory yarn. I had been thinking about buying some Socks that Rock, because I'd never tried any, but then I decided I had too much unused sock yarn. So I went with the Handmaiden Sea Silk instead. I'll do pictures tomorrow. But it's gorgeous (and in a really great colorway for me, too!). I'm going to make a lacy scarf with it. It will be my reward for finishing the semester and my mom's socks, which, by the way, I am scheduled to bind off tomorrow and mail Wednesday.
Now I'm going to knit, listen to some podcasts, and relax (and then sleep!). I'm so happy summer is here. I'm going to try my best to catch up on blogreading/commenting/wardrobe therapy-ing. I feel bad that I dropped everything for the last few weeks, but such, unfortunately, is life. But thank you all for your comments and encouragement. It was so nice to know that you were rooting me on!

5 comments:

WifeMomKnitter said...

Celebratory knitting sounds pretty good to me!

Way to go, Erin!

scb said...

That is such wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your relaxation -- you've certainly earned it.

Yay, you!

drwende said...

Phew! I'm so pleased for you -- it's like being out from under a heavy weight, isn't it?

KnelleyBelley said...

Woohoo! Enjoy some well-deserved relaxation time! You're a goodie!

mad knitter said...

Ugh...I've have my own problems keeping up with my blogreading, and I just got to this today...hooray and congratulations!!! Will you have time to visit us now? I can't believe you are done with all of your coursework, that is wonderful!