Thursday, May 08, 2008

First the knitting

Okay, I've slept, showered, gone to work and banged the heck out of my shins on a library shelving cart. I've been shopping, knitting, and I even watched a little television.
Now for the blogging. So on Tuesday evening I (finally) finished up my mom's socks.
momsock
Aren't they pretty? They're actually a pretty appropriate present for my mom -- I labored pretty hard on them, and didn't give up, and while I may have sworn under my breath a little, I kept on going. I think she'd be proud. I just hope she likes them. The pattern and I did not get along. I'm not sure why things went wrong, but almost everything that could go wrong did. Still, they're finished, and I think they're going to fit. So all's well that ends well.

Now I've cast on with my seasilk to make a Storm Water Scarf. Here's the yarn I'm using. In keeping with Wardrobe Therapy principles, its in one of my joyous colors. :)
seasilk

I also wound up this yarn, from Cherry Tree Hill, its called Monsters in the Closet (what a great name! that's why I bought it!) and I have a very special pattern in mind for it. I'm hoping to cast on this weekend.
monster

Okay, that's part one of the post-school update. Up next, wardrobe therapy catch-up. Since I'm now 2 weeks behind, I'm going to skip week 5 for the moment, do week 6 (or at least part of it) tomorrow, and then try to catch up with weeks 5 and 7 next week. I've been working on making a list of things I need to buy to fill in a few holes. I'm also still struggling with letting go of a few shoes that I had intended to purge in shoe week. I delayed in tossing them, and then I had second thoughts. Because I love those green sneakers so much. I think I need to buy replacements for them, and then I won't feel so bad about tossing them. I'm thinking about something like this. Aren't they cute and summery? Or what about these? Adorable! I might see what I can find this weekend.
Hmmm... this turned into kind of a WT post after all. :)

1 comment:

KnelleyBelley said...

Love the socks that you labored over. What a great gift.

Your yarns are gorgeous. The scarf will be beautiful with that seasilk!