Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Movie Meme

I got this from Wife, Mom, Knitter. It sounded like fun.

Here are the rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (or get them out of your capacious memory).
3. Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
4. Bold it when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. Looking them up is cheating, please don’t.

Since I love me some movie trivia, here we go:

1. Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while. The Princess Bride (guessed by CostumeChick)

2. A: We're going to catch those crooks red-handed.
B: What color are their hands now?
The Great Muppet Caper, guessed by Mella DP

3. A: Those people are trying to kill us!
B: [shouts] I know, Dad!
A: This is a new experience for me.
B: It happens to me all the time.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (SCB and Wife,Mom, Knitter got this one)

4. Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.

5. A: Now that was when people KNEW how to be in love. They knew it! Time, distance... nothing could separate them because they knew. It was right. It was real. It was...
B: A movie! That's your problem! You don't want to be in love. You want to be in love in a movie.
Sleepless in Seattle, guessed by Mella DP

6. A: Don't call me stupid.
B: Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep that could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?
A: Apes don't read philosophy.
B: Yes they do, xxxx. They just don't understand it. Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not "Every man for himself." And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, xxxx. I looked them up.
A Fish Called Wanda, guessed by Colleen

7. Think big, think positive, never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high. Fear? That's the other guy's problem. Nothing you have ever experienced will prepare you for the absolute carnage you are about to witness. Super Bowl, World Series - they don't know what pressure is. In this building, it's either kill or be killed. You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners. One minute you're up half a million in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley. Are you with me?
Trading Places, guessed by Colleen (I figure that's what you meant by Trading Spaces, since that's what I call this half the time, too)

8. My colors are "blush" and "bashful." Steel Magnolias (Wife, Mom, Knitter strikes again!)

9. A: Are you married?
B: I'm divorced.
A: Would you like to talk about that?
B: There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him.
A: So what you're saying is that even though you are an almost-paralyzed, multiphobic personality who is in a constant state of panic, your wife did not leave you, you left her because she loves Neil Diamond?

10. I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope. The Shawshank Redemption (guessed by Wife, Mom, Knitter and Knelly) (As an aside, I have never seen this movie in its entirety in one sitting. But I will stop and watch it and cry like a baby whenever it comes on tv. Which is like every other week.)

Happy guessing!

8 comments:

scb said...

Since I live under a rock and don't get out much ;) I'm only going to hazard a guess at one of them, and suggest that #3 is Indiana Jones: the Last Crusade. But that's just a guess.

I'm going to do the meme (from under my rock...)

;)

WifeMomKnitter said...

Ok, Erin, here are my guesses:

3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
8. Steel Magnolias
9. Must Love Dogs (?)
10. The Shawshank Redemption (?)

costumechick said...

1. Princess Bride.
7. Wall STreet
(I knew 3,8, and 10 too)
We have very similar taste in movies!

KnelleyBelley said...

The only one I had any clue about was Shawshank Redemption, which I've seen about 36 times. Love that movie. The rest? My memory is crap!

Mella DP said...

2. The Great Muppet Caper
5. Sleepless in Seattle

Colleen said...

4) I think The Shaggy Dog

6) A Fish Called Wanda. One of my top all time favorites!

Colleen said...

oh oh, and 7 is Trading Spaces. I can't believe I missed that last night!

Colleen said...

Yeah, Trading Places indeed- clearly I spend too much time watching TLC! Oh an my sister pointed out that I'm a moron- #4 is Ghostbusters when Rick Moranis is defending the Bill Murray et al. She was most scathing let me tell you!