Saturday, October 27, 2007

Thank you

Thanks for your kind comments on my last post. I'm still sad, but am coping. It still doesn't seem real, and I can't imagine going home at Christmas and not seeing Wilma there. It's been really hard on my parents, too, who are now petless for the first time in their 31-year marriage. I know my mom is taking it especially hard.

This has been a long week, for numerous reasons, and I am so glad it's over. Midterms are done, and I can finally relax for a little while. I've found my stride at school, and my assignments aren't seeming so overwhelming. I've even found some time to knit. Today is chilly, rainy, and damp -- perfect for spending the day in a cozy chair, with knitting and a cat and a cup of tea. Which is how I'm planning on passing the afternoon. I started my Tomato sweater last weekend, and am knitting away. My first adult-sized garment!!! And I've only been knitting for what, 3 or 4 years??

p.s. I started the sweater last weekend because I was too sick to go to Rhinebeck. Boo! All the late nights reading and working on papers caught up with me, and I was in no shape to go. I really enjoyed all the posts I've read about how fabulous it was. I'm trying not to be jealous that so many of my S&B friends stalked the Yarn Harlot. :) Oh well, there's always next year. Or maybe there's a trip to Flying Fingers in my future. Is anybody up for a ride on the yarn bus?

2 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Erin - So sad that you were too sick to go to Rhinebeck. At least you're feeling better. There's always next year.

Can't wait to see your tomato. Knitting and a cup of tea are perfect way to spend this afternoon.

WifeMomKnitter said...

Hi Erin,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to make it to Rhinebeck. We were thinking of you on Sunday. The Tomato is in my queue and will be MY first grownup garment too! I would love to ride the yarn bus someday!