Monday, October 15, 2007

Ravelery revelry

I'm in!!!!! I haven't had a chance to do more than set up a user name, but I'm on Ravelry and hope to start playing soon. My user name is erinelise. Please friend me! (bats eyes coquettishly)



Also, it's midterm time, and I'm actually on the schedule I've set for myself. I have a presentation on Friday, a paper and a book discussion to lead on Monday, and a bibliography for one of my final papers due next Thursday.



Plus I'm going to Rhinebeck this weekend, so it's not like I don't have anything fun to do. I debated for a long time about going to Rhinebeck. One of the many knitters in my program saw me with my sock, struck up a conversation, and offered to give me a ride (knitters rock!), but I wasn't sure I could spare the time to go. I ultimately decided that the mental health benefits outweighed the lost study time, and I (and my wallet) can't wait! If any of you guys from New Haven will be there on Saturday, drop me a line and maybe we can meet up. I miss you and would love to see you in person again!



Also, hi to Spice who commented on my last post! She's one of my fellow sufferers, I mean graduate students, and is also a knitter. I hope she'll stop by again.



Knitting wise, I'm still plugging away on the second sock. At least I'm on the foot now, and the end is in sight. Pictures soon, I hope.



And since it isn't a knitting blog without an occasional cat photo, here's my official yarn inspector:
inspector
Do you think she can smell the chitin?

3 comments:

anphoe said...

Your cat is so cute. BTW, I was going to say it long time ago, I also have one of those red cat house from IKEA. haha.

Anyway. I am so jealous of you that you can go to Rhinebeck. I am also in the midterm mode. Tests and exams just keep coming in this week and next week. I hope you have fun there. I think some of our friends from SnB are going up there. Check on Costumechick's blog, she has mentioned it.Or send her a message through Ravelry.

Miss ya!

costumechick said...

NO!!!!!!!!
we are going on Sunday! I think some of the Wed people are going Saturday, but Kelly, Jen, maybe Ann, and I are going on SUnday.

:(
Well, have a good time, and don't buy all the good stuff before we get there!

KnelleyBelley said...

Love that kitty!

Rhinebeck Shminebeck. Jealous.

Have a great time!