Thursday, August 02, 2007

Unpacking and adjusting

So, I've now spent 5 nights in New York, the cat has finally deigned to come out from under the bed, and I have unpacked enough to do some light cooking in the kitchen. Unfortunately, while I've found the coffee and coffeemaker, I have yet to uncover the filters or the coffee cups. This is a major tragedy and should be rectified as soon as possible.
It is very hot, and the cat and I are doing our best to stay cool, but unfortunately unpacking is sweaty work.

In other news, last week I finished my first pair of socks for the Summer of Socks '07. Better late than never, I guess. They're Baudelaire from Knitty, by Cookie A (I love her socks). I did them in Mountain Colors Barefoot yarn. I'd show you a picture, but the camera is one of the things I haven't found yet.

I'm writing this from a coffee shop, since I won't have email access at the new place until next week :( How am I supposed to last that long? I forsee lots of coffee in my future. Plus it's airconditioned here.

Tonight is a Thursday, and if I was still in New Haven I'd be at Stitch n' Bitch. It will be strange and a little sad not to go there tonight. I'll be thinking of you guys, and furiously knitting on my MS3.

7 comments:

acambras said...

We will certainly miss you tonight! Stay cool, and maybe treat yourself to some new mugs and filters. :-)

Talk to you soon.

Anne

anphoe said...

I remember seeing those Baudelaire socks, they are gorgeous!!
I am sure you will be missed tonight, and the nights that you won't be there with us. come back soon!
I hope you can find your camera soon, so that we can see your MS3 :D

KnelleyBelley said...

Glad to hear you're on your way to being settled. Use paper towels or paper napkins in place of coffee filters. I've done it when I've run out - not perfect, but better than going without coffee!

Find that camera so we can see pictures!

We missed you tonight! - Kelley

costumechick said...

Paper towels make great coffee filters - and so do old pantyhose. (I had a rough time a rough 3 am experience during grad school.) Try and keep cool!

When do your classes start?

anphoe said...

We truly missed you last night at SnB.
I hope you can pass your French exam!!

mad knitter said...

Awww, I thought of you last night too as I headed to SnB! It's not the same without you! Hope you can get cool, and get to make some coffee at home, too!

WifeMomKnitter said...

We were thinking about you at SnB too! I hope to see you soon!