Thursday, August 16, 2007

Free time is overrated (plus Socks!)

So I passed my exam, which is great, and now I have nothing to do for the rest of the month. I'm properly grateful -- I wouldn't have wanted to have to take those language review classes every night, but I'm running out of ways to entertain myself. There are still several boxes to unpack, and I'm still feeling my way around the neighborhood. Today I even bought one of those little rolling carts to help me tote my groceries around! The problem is most of the things I can think of to do cost money, and I'm trying to live on a budget, so I'm reluctant to get too spendy. I'm also impatient and excited for school to start. I think I've been in such a rush for the last few weeks that I don't know what to do with myself now that the pressure's off.
With all this free time, you'd think I'd be gettting a lot of knitting done, and you'd be sort of right. I've been working on my Mystery Stole -- I can't wait to get further along to the interesting part (I'm almost done with clue 3 and clue 7 comes out soon!!).
Sock-wise, I restarted my Roza's socks (Grumperina pattern from IK Spring 07) on larger needles. I was going to add some stitches to make them bigger, but just changing the needle size seems to have done the trick. I hope they'll fit this time. I'm using Plymouth Sockotta and I really love the color. You can't tell yet, but it goes in wide stripes in shades of pink, blue, and purple. I also never posted a picture of my first (and to date only) completed socks for Summer of Socks. They're Baudelaire by Cookie A from Knitty. I love her sock patterns. This is in Mountain Colors Barefoot yarn in some sort of berry colorway (it's either Elderberry or Huckleberry, I can't remembmer.



I also started a granny square afghan kit that my aunt gave me. It's from the late sixties -- I think it's been hanging around in her basement ever since she bought it. The yarn is acrylic, but a nice sort of acrylic, and it's a fun, mindless thing to crochet while watching t.v. I don't have a photo of my completed squares yet, so here's a bonus photo of Miss Minnie in her cat tent from Ikea.



I think that's about it for now. Oh, last week Phoebe named me a Rockin' Girl Blogger. I'll get that button up on my site as soon as I can (I always have to work up the nerve to mess with my template). Thanks Phoebe -- you rock!! (edited to add: Look, I added the button and it showed up exactly where I wanted it. I rock too!)

1 comment:

KnelleyBelley said...

Socks rule!

And I love your cat's tent! Emmie has her own little house, which has now expanded into a full blown commpound. I'll have to post pics.