Thursday, June 28, 2007

Eeek!

This has definitely been the week that got away from me. I went to New York twice for apartment hunting (still working on finding a place to live), and work has been pretty busy. When I've come home each night, all I wanted to do was fall face-first into bed, but I managed to do some knitting anyways. I swatched for my Mystery Stole 3, and am pretty happy with it as far as appearance and needle size go. I am not very good at blocking, though, and mine doesn't look as pretty as it could. I think I need to put more pins in next time.

I also got to work on my socks. I had a late start to the Summer of Socks, since I didn't get to start my socks until Sunday, but I've gotten a good bit done on them. Back in May I started a pair of Baudelaire socks and only finished one. I cast on for the second one and am now about half-way up the foot. The figure-8 cast on went much more smoothly this time, and I've finally gotten to the point where I have the lace pattern pretty much memorized. Most of the time when I knit charted projects I have to have the instructions right there with me, but for this sock I seem to be doing okay without. That will change when I get to the heel section, but I'm good for now. I am still too grumpy to deal with the other pair of socks that needs completing. The more I think about it, the more I think I'll end up ripping out the whole thing and knitting it slightly larger and on bigger needles. I should have known it would be too small, but I just got in the zone and kept knitting. They were supposed to be birthday gifts for my mom, but they were too small, so I had to think of something else for her. Today's her birthday, by the way, so Happy Birthday Mom! (although she doesn't read this, but I'm putting it out there anyways.)

Only four more rows to go on Icarus until I change charts. The rows are getting so long right now that it's hard for me to get more than 4 in during one sitting. The purl rows seem especially monotonous. Still, being so close to a major transition point is making the knitting really exciting right now. I'll be glad to move on to the next row of the shawl. There are three charts left to go, but they shouldn't take nearly as much time as the first one did.

I'll take some photos soon to document the progress on my various projects. This will be a pretty busy weekend for me, so hopefully I can get it done tonight. Knowing that people might check my blog is a pretty good reason to be better at updating!

3 comments:

mad knitter said...

Erin -

The socks that you were working on tonight were lovely! You should post pics! I'll have to check out that pattern soon...although you know how I feel about lace, LOL! Excellent job of updating!! You know we are out here waiting :).

anphoe said...

Your swatch was pretty, I love the color of the yarn and the dark color beads just matches your yarn perfectly!! (made me jealous) I am just going to find a way to block easier than putting thousand of pins around the stole. Maybe I should ask Val later, or do you have any suggestions?
Yes, as Kelly said, I was waiting for your blog's update.
I will miss you guys, and see you in a couple of weeks. :(

costumechick said...

Now we know here you live.....

JK. See you on Thursday!