Thursday, June 14, 2007

Still here!

I'm still around, just too lazy to post much. Since I last wrote I:

1. Went to the 2007 Tonner Doll Collectors Convention (so much fun) which was in Orlando, so I also
2. Went to Disney World, then I
3. Made a quick visit back home to Texas, while all the while I
4. Freaked out about my impending move to New York City.

(Number 4 is still in progress). Hopefully I'll have some news to report on the apartment front after this weekend. I'm hoping to get down there and see some places on Saturday. If anybody reads this, please keep your fingers crossed for me.

I'm also going to try and get some pictures up this weekend of the world's most awesome baby sweater (a.k.a. the only sweater I have ever made) and the world's most awesome cat, Minnie, who has been mostly forgiven for her truly heinous crimes of Tuesday night. I don't think my bathroom rugs will ever be the same. Luckily I was going to buy new ones once I move. In the meantime, let's just say I won't be winning any home decor awards with what is left of them.

I also joined another knit-a-long, the Mystery Stole 3. I don't know if I can do this one technically or practically (is it too hard for my skills, and considering that I am still on the body section of Icarus, is it insane to even be thinking about another lace project?), but I've ordered the yarn and I'm going to give it the old college try. I also ordered a bunch of stuff from knitpicks, and I can't wait for it to arrive. Once it all comes, though, I'm going to have to go on a yarn diet for a while. I've got plenty of sock yarn, plus some odds and ends for other projects (yay washcloths!), and the yarn for an entire granny square afghan, so that will hopefully get me through the fall, unless I decide to do some X-mas knitting, but that's for gifts, so it won't count. :)
On the needles right now, I've got two different socks, that darn shawl, a washcloth, and the enormous blue afghan of doom (on hold until fall, because it's too big and hot to work on now). I also have to finish two bags, which are all knit but need linings, handles, and buttons. Hmm, I'll have to get some of these up in a sidebar like I've seen in other blogs. That would look neat.

No comments: