Thursday, June 21, 2007

Howdy!



Hi! Welcome to my blog! Tonight I finally gave this blog address to the lovely ladies at my Stitch n' Bitch. I don't know why I waited so long to let people know about this thing. I guess I was nervous about what people will think about what I write. Also, I'm a little paranoid about web safety. Once it's out there, the whole world can see it, etc. But they asked, so I gave out the address. So hi!



Since I joined the Mystery Stole knit-a-long last week, I've been eagerly awaiting my needles and yarn. The needles came today. I've been wanting to try Knitpicks options for a while, since several people I know rave about them. And of course I had to add a few things to the order.
I got needles and cables, a skein of Alpaca Cloud to help me finish my Icarus (I don't think I have enough yarn), some Shadow in Grape Jelly (love that name), and a little sock yarn -- pretty colors, huh? I also got Knitting Vintage Socks, which I'm really looking forward to reading. And they threw in a color card! How nice is that?


Swag


I also took a picture of my marathon project, the Icarus shawl from Interweave Knits Summer 2006. I think I've been working on this, on and off, for about six months, and I'm just now approaching the point where I get to change to chart 2 of 4. It doesn't look like much now, but it's prettier in person. I'm using Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud in Moss.
Icarus

Also, here's a picture of my awesome baby sweater, Trellis from Knitty. It was for a friend's baby, and I'm really proud of it. I hope the baby likes it! I called it my little old man sweater, since it reminds me of, well, a little old man's sweater. I'd like to do something similar in an adult size one day. It's in Patons Classic, but I don't remember the color name.
Trellis

Finally, here is the lovely Minnie, cat extraordinaire. She's a camera hog.
Minnie
I've been out all day, and Minnie needs a little affection, so that's it for today. I hope I didn't just bore all my new readers to pieces.

2 comments:

anphoe said...

I am the first one, YAY! silly me.
I can't believe you have been having this blog since 2004 and no one knew about it. I couldn't help but read 2 years already started from 2004( which is not much, only 11 post). But I will come back and read more.
I didn't know your Icarus shawl is made by Alpaca Cloud form Knitpicks, I just ordered that yarn in smoke heather color for my mestery stole. If I knew you are using that, I would have petted it thousands of time before I order it. I am so excited that we are all going to knit the same thing, that should be lots of fun, especially I know where I can get help from... you guys!
I love the little old man sweater too. Super cute!!!
Need not to say, I am also a cat lover, especially fat cat, haha... See you next Thursday.

mad knitter said...

Erin, your blog is adorable! I can't believe you've kept it a secret for so long! You should be very proud of it :). I too *love* that little old man sweater. Now I have to know...how did your high school reunion go??