Sunday, March 30, 2008

Birthday shoes!

Yesterday was my birthday! It was a big one (begins with 3, ends with 0). I had a lovely time, including drinks at the St. Regis King Cole's Bar, Thai food, and a window shopping trip at Bloomies. Which is where I saw these:

They're over-the-top in every way, but I love them. I wish I had the kind of life that called for shoes like this, but I really can't imagine exactly what kind of life that would be.

edited to add: no, I didn't buy them, though I was tempted. They do come in black -- would that make them a bit more sensible?

4 comments:

drwende said...

Happy birthday!

Those are gorgeous enough to justify finding a life to go with them.

WifeMomKnitter said...

OMG!!!

Happy Birthday, Erin!!!!

I hope you had a really great birthday.

Those shoes are something!

KnelleyBelley said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a fun one. I think you should get those shoes and wear them as earrings! Woohoo!

mad knitter said...

No way! My birthday was Sunday....weird!!! Hope you had a lovely day! You are a spring chicken, my dear, enjoy it! I turned 44...eeek!

Those shoes look great...you are brave to consider teetering on such height! I'd be so intimidated! Why not just get them? You never know when you'll get invited to someplace swanky!