Friday, February 29, 2008

Feeling better, finally

So, I can breathe again, which is handy what with it being necessary for living and all. Thanks to copious doses of cold medicine, zinc, and vitamin c, the cold didn't progress much beyond my head, which is good because I hate chest colds. Although the weekend full of sinus headaches was not much fun either.

But! I'm feeling fine, and the school week is over, and I'm really looking forward to this weekend, even though large parts of it will be spent cleaning my apartment or reading in the library. I've really let the apartment go, which I tend to do when I'm stressed. I've been finding little tumbleweeds of cat hair under all the furniture, so it's time to vacuum again. I keep telling myself I should do these things more often, and then they wouldn't be such Herculean tasks each time I finally get around to doing them. Maybe it's time to dust off my Flylady stuff and try to create a routine that works for me. There are large parts of her program that rub me the wrong way, but I can't deny that that timer thing really works.

There's not much knitting progress to report. My mom's socks are stalled out. I thought I was being clever by knitting a plain vanilla toe-up pattern. "It will knit up so quickly," I said to myself. "You will be done with these socks in no time."
Not quite.
They're boring. And they don't even have the dubious benefit of ease/speed, since I don't have much time to work on them right now. I'm not even to the heel of sock #1. I actually started a new project because the socks just weren't doing it for me. I really don't know if I want to frog and start over on them or just keep on pushing through. Arrgh.

I'll be back with pictures soonish. Maybe after I clean up enough to have space to take some :) In the meantime, happy weekending!

4 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Glad you're feeling better!

I know what you mean about the sock. Plain vanilla gets boring and it never goes as fast as you hope. You need some sprinkles or chocolate sauce on it! :)

costumechick said...

mmm. chocolate sauce...

mad knitter said...

Glad you feel better! Colds are so annoying!

Ironic, "dusting off" the Flylady stuff, LOL! I love Flylady but only use about an eighth of her program. I love that 15 minute thing, but I don't use it enough. Basically what I use is the concept of chunking out the big tasks so they don't seem so big. And doing things more often like you said. I'm kind of off the Flylady wagon myself lately :(. Maybe we can get back on together!

WifeMomKnitter said...

So glad to hear that you're feeling better, Erin!