Sunday, January 17, 2010

Finish or Frog

More for my own reference, and to take stock and see just how bad it is

1. The Reluctant Scarf -- not sure why this one stalled out, except that I always forget how long scarves can take. But I only have about 25g of yarn to go, so this one should go quickly. (Finished 1/2010)

2. The Big Blue Afghan -- I'm going to finish the repeat I'm on and then start the border. This one has been going on for nearly a decade and it's time to be done with it.

3. Plum socks -- these are my traveling project. They'll get done sooner or later.

4. Lotus Blossom Tank -- I stalled out on the bust darts, but it's a bottom up tank and I'm up to the bust, so I'm nearly there, right?

5. Hey Teach! cardigan -- all knit up, just needs to be seamed up.

6. Mystery Stole 3
7. Mystery Stole 4
8. Icarus Shawl -- I'm more than halfway done on all of these. I just need to keep pushing through. I like lace knitting, I'm not sure why I have so much trouble finishing it.

9. Clapotis -- again, I always forget how long scarves take. I'm maybe 1/3 of the way through this one?

10. Purple Tomato -- stalled out at the colorwork band. Right now it's a crop top. I need to get it down to a wearable shirt-length. (One inch left to go till the ribbing 2/11/10)

11. Girasole -- lace knitting + big blanket = I eventually gave up. But it's so pretty!

12. Baby Surprise Jacket
13. Twisted Flower Socks (Done 2/5/2010)
14. Market Bag (Done 2/5/2010)
15. Plaid Messenger Bag -- all these projects need are buttons sewn on and/or ends woven in. I really have no excuse except for my own laziness. (Done 2/5/2010)

16. Vintage Baby Blanket
17. Granny Square Afghan -- projects I've inherited from relatives. I'm not worried about the granny squares, they'll happen sooner or later. But the baby blanket needs to get going, one way or another. I do have some baby gifts to make for this spring, so I might see how this one works, but if I don't like it, I'll be frogging this one for sure.

18. Baby booties -- why would I knit one bootie (booty? that doesn't seem right) and stop there? I don't know either.

18 projects. I think that's it. That's kind of a high number. I need to think about which ones I really want to tackle and which ones I need to let go. For now, I'm going to concentrate on my scarf. It's so close I can feel it. The ball of yarn has to run out sooner or later, right?

On the other hand:
Things I've finished since September 19
1. Crazy zauber-socks
2. Socks for Mom 2
3. Baby jacket and hat for Vishal
4. 3 squares for Schuyler's Blanket project

1 comment:

Martha Jane said...

I like these posts. It's nice to see what other people are "multi-projecting." 18 is a lot, but so many are so close. Just some sewing an buttons you could finish three or four in a weekend!

I'm spending some quality time in the closet--getting organized!