Wednesday, July 02, 2008

T.G.I. A Long Weekend!

I do not know if there are words to express how unpleasant the past week has been. Remember how I was complaining that things were boring in my last post? I should have known better. After that, things got hectic and uncomfortable at work due to looming deadlines and confusion over who was in charge of what. I got caught in the middle, and it made me very uneasy. Also my internet broke (boo!), and then my computer broke (double boo!), and then they both mysteriously fixed themselves (huh? but yay!), except now they're super fiddly (hmmm...) and I can't guarantee that I'll have internet access at any given moment (meh).

But! There is light at the end of the tunnel. I was already looking forward to having Friday off, but now I get tomorrow off too, thanks to my very kind supervisor who decided we had all been through enough this week and gave us permission to start the weekend early. I am sleeping in tomorrow!!! I kind of suspect that we are getting the day off because she wants a day off, but I am NOT going to look this gift horse in the mouth.

A WT-related side note: Yesterday was an incredibly demoralizing day, so to pep myself up today I wore (brace yourselves) a dress! (I know, I'm a little surprised, too). I got so many compliments on my appearance today. It was a little weird -- did I look that bad before? -- but nice. I felt a little different, too. Don't know that I'll wear dresses everyday, but I might trot them out a little more frequently. They're good for morale. :)

1 comment:

drwende said...

It was a little weird -- did I look that bad before?

Probably not -- it's just that something about the dress suits you.

My belief about the WT process is that most of us don't look outright AWFUL pre-WT. We just look kinda basic... okay but not really outstanding... sometimes we wear the clothes, sometimes the clothes wear us.