Wednesday, April 09, 2008

(This Song's Just) Six Words Long

So a little while ago, The Mad Knitter tagged me for this meme.

Here's the NPR story that describes the concept and gives examples of six-word memoirs from writers and non-writers alike.

Here are the guidelines, should you choose to participate in this yourself:

Write your own six word memoir. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere. Tag five more blogs with links.

Here's mine:

No, I meant to do that.

My writing professors often said that being brief is harder than writing something long. They were right.

Since I am (as usual) behind on these, I won't tag anyone. But please feel free to write your own.

Edited to add: super bonus cool points to anyone who knows where the title comes from!

2 comments:

acambras said...

Oooh!! Oooh!! I know! I know! Sung to the Traveling Wilburys' "Set on You." And the singer (I'll hold that back in case someone else wants to take a shot) is a former architecture student!

A little archidork trivia for ya there...

drwende said...

I may have to pass on this one, as "It seemed like a good idea at the time" is three words too many.