Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sorry to drop off the face of the Earth like that

I can't believe I went so long without posting. It isn't that I didn't have anything to say, it's just that I'm lazy. In the spirit of laziness, here's a list of what's happened to me since I last logged in:
1. I sold my car
2. I finished one of my Roza's socks and am about halfway through the other
3. I continued plodding along on the Mystery shawl
4. I started school
5. I got a terrible head cold
6. I still am not quite finished unpacking the new apartment

What to say about all of that?
Well, selling the car was very stressful. I could probably have gotten more money selling it on Craigslist or something, but I didn't want the hassle so took it straight to Carmax, where they'll buy anything. It went really smoothly, but it was hard to let the car go. It was the only car I've ever owned, and I've had it since my senior year of college. I know that plenty of people in NYC do not have cars and I'll be just fine without one, and I certainly don't miss having to move it around for streetsweeping all the time, but it just feels weird. Before I sold it, I made one last IKEA run, since I needed another bookcase. I went to the one in Long Island, which was an adventure. I got my bookcase and an amazing deal on a big ol' ottoman with a leather(!) cover, upon which I am resting my little feet right this very minute. I'll miss Ikea. When the New HAven one opened, my friend Vicki and I used to go there all the time on Friday nights. We'd hit happy hour, and then go to the store and see what we could buy for $10 or less. That is one reason why I have so many candleholders.
Knitting has been progressing slowly. I just wasn't feeling it there for a while. I did manage to crank out one sock, but Mystery stole progress has been negligable. I need to speed it up a little as I'd like to wear it somewhere at the end of next week. It's possible, I think, if I really get moving.
School has been good. I think I'm going to like my classes, although there's going to be tons of work. The people all seem nice enough, and hopefully my brain can start matching up names and faces (I'm terrible with that).
Finally, I caught this cold on Friday night, and have been feeling worse ever since. Sunday was the worst night, hopefully I'm on the tail end of it now. I hate being sick. I don't have any classes on Tuesday, so I could stay home today and baby myself. It's times like this I wish I had t.v., but given today's date, I'm not sure I could have stood to watch it.
I was going to end with bonus cat pictures, but Blogger isn't cooperating. Maybe next time then, and hopefully next time won't be too long in the future.

4 comments:

costumechick said...

It's good to see you are still around! You couls always do what I do when I have to line up names with new faces - give everyone weird nicknames. the you can be the "nickname girl".

(grin)

WifeMomKnitter said...

I agree with Val. I'm accountant girl to her. (laughing) I'm so glad that you doing OK in NYC and that school is going well. Sorry to hear about your cold. Drink plenty of fluids. I find that tea with lemon and honey always makes me feel better when I have a cold.

KnelleyBelley said...

Hiya! Hope you're feeling better soon. It stinks to be sick.

You're so brave to sell your car. It's a brand new city life of walking and taking public transportation. You're a better girl than I am!

anphoe said...

Hihi! Hope your life is good in NY.