Sunday, July 09, 2006

Well

It's been a very busy week here at chez P. There were fireworks, barbecue, and too much work for a three-day workweek. There was also Sharpe (#3, Sharpe's Company) and Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (truly awesome in just about every way), so that more than made up for the work part. There was also knitting, and cocktails, and Thai food, and the sad news that several of my favorite people are moving away. I guess since more of my college friends are moving to the East Coast this is nature's way of balancing things out. Well I say poop on you, Nature!

I think there were also hairballs, although HRH has not yet disclosed their location yet. I heard the horking in the middle of the night and declined to investigate. I know they're out there, I just don't know where. It's making me a little nervous. Such is life with a cat.

At least the weather is good, which is nice because my apartment is unairconditioned except for a small unit in the bedroom, so I'm always glad for balmy weather. The last few nights I've actually been able to sleep under the sheets, which doesn't happen much in the summer months.

And now it's Sunday evening, and I have to contemplate the dreadful thought of Monday and a full week's worth of work. I think I'm going in to New York on Thursday, so that will be nice. I've run out of bagels, so it's time to make another stop at H&H. I never used to be a bagel snob -- I'm not really much of a food snob at all, but I really do feel that their bagels have spoiled me on any other pretenders to the name. They're so good it should probably be illegal. I got some when I was down in NY with my parents and ate the last one this morning. At least I only have to do without for a few days.

Other than my impending bagel-acquisition trip, there isn't much to look forward to this week. As I start to plan out my next career move, I really find myself questioning what I want to do with my life. I sort of fell into this field by accident, and I like it well enough I guess, but I really always thought it wouldn't be that hard to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up. Turns out it's really difficult. I'm at a crossroads, and if I want to make a change, this is my chance, but I'm afraid to commit to my current path AND afraid to step off onto a new one. I just want someone to tell me what do do. Unfortunately, that someone has to be me, and I don't know what to say.

No comments: