Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm baack!

I've been thinking, and I'm back, and I only deleted one post, about that thing that happened that I'm not going to talk about anymore.

The big question that has stopped me from posting lately (aside from my crippling and inherent laziness), is what kind of blog do I want to have.

So, what kind of blog do I want to have?

I can't mommy blog (not a mommy)

I can't cat blog (the cat won't sit still in those costumes long enough to get a picture. I'm kidding -- or am I???)

I could blog about work, but I like having a job and I'd like to keep on having one.

I could go all TMI and tell you about the salacious details of my life, but there aren't any.

I could blog about crafts, but I'm a little nervous about putting all the things I make up here for the world to see.

I could blog about cooking, but there's nothing exciting about the sandwich I plan to have for dinner tonight.

I just don't know.
I don't know what I want this blog to be.
I don't know what I want to be, and I think that might be part of the problem.

BUT

I really need to make some changes in my life, of that I'm sure, and I've decided that one of them will be blogging.

I'm trying to make a comittment here, to tell you (if there are any yous out there) about my life.

So, here's something to start:

This weekend, I was visited by my fabulous friend Jen. We went to a free They Might be Giants concert, which rocked. And then we shook John Flansburgh's hand, which rocked even more. We were still giddy 24 hours later. We ate much fine food and many tasty desserts. There was shopping. There was a viewing of The Great Muppet Caper. I knit a baby hat. We discussed the sad decline into soft-core p*rniness of the once awesome (but grammatically-challenged) Anita Blake series.

And the best part is that the fabulous Jen will shortly be moving to the glamorous and exciting East Coast, so there will be many more excellent adventures to come. Many of my friends from Texas are setting up house up and down the Atlantic seaboard, which is wonderful, because it will be so much fun to visit them all. It was lonely out here by myself.

And then! Today! I bought a salad spinner! And some Drain-0! I tell you, the excitement never stops around here.

All in all not a bad long weekend. And there's still tomorrow to go.

No comments: