Saturday, August 15, 2009

Working stiff

The books are in, and in order (a week and a half of shelf reading and book shifting is an excellent exercise plan. Step on the ladder, reach up to move books, put books in new location, step off the ladder. Why, it's almost aerobic!)
The air conditioning works and thank heavens because it is hot here. When summer finally arrived, it really arrived.
We're still in a construction zone with temporary walls and plastic sheeting, but things are getting more and more settled every day.

So work is fine, and if nothing else, it hasn't been boring.

But I was very happy to see the weekend finally get here. I need some time to recover.

I'm home in my comfy chair, relaxing between half-hearted bouts of housekeeping and trying to achieve an ideal air circulation scheme between my three open windows and two fans. The cat is also trying to stay cool, which means we're both vying for the same prime location in the room. She doesn't seem to mind sitting on top of me, but hot + sweaty + cat on the lap is not really a recipe for comfort as far as I'm concerned. With the air on me, and with judicious application of popsicles, it's actually not too bad in here. Unless you have to exert yourself, that is, which is why the housekeeping is being punctuated by a series of breaks.

I've been knitting merrily along on socks, a sweater for a knitalong (you can see a photo there), a knitted tank, and a blanket. I was making good progress on all of them, but the blanket's about to go on hiatus until it cools down a bit. Some photos:

The bottom section of a Lotus Blossom Tank:
Lotus1

The Girasole blanket:
Girasole1

Jaywalker socks:
Movesocks

And now I guess I should get back to work. The vacuum isn't going to run itself.

1 comment:

drwende said...

You do at least have the comfort of knowing that, if the cat wants to be on top of you, you have located the most comfortable spot in the room!