Friday, June 12, 2009

Knitting content!

Since it's been ages since I've shown any actual knitting on the blog, I thought it was about time to put some up.

First up, a gift I made for my friend Bekka who had her baby in April. A baby surprise jacket from the Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern, an Umbilical Cord hat from the first Stitch n' Bitch book, and a bunny hat from the pattern by Adrian Bizilia. The yarn is by Yarn Bee: Baby Bee Sweet Delight in Bare Blue and Teddy and Baby Bee Sweet Delight Twist in Teddybear. Yarn Bee is one of the house brands from Hobby Lobby, a craft store chain in Texas that I miss very much.

bekkaset

The Baby Surprise Jacket (my second, though I haven't even sewn up the seams on the first yet)
surprise2

I really love these buttons I found -- I think they're a perfect match.
buttons

The bunny hat:
bunnyhat

As seen on Mr. Bear, a very reluctant model:
model

The umbilical cord hat, one of my favorite baby gifts:
bekkahat

Still to come: the yarn I bought (and made) in Tucson, some mmmm...Malabrigo (gosh I love that yarn), my aunt's birthday present, and the scarf and skein that would not end.

No comments: