Thursday, December 06, 2007

In which there is actual knitting

Hi again. I have four papers to write. Two are due on Monday, two more on next Friday. Two are half-done, but unfortunately those are the two that are due last. I estimate I have around 40 pages to go total, plus time to edit. So what am I doing? Working busily at my computer, thinking brilliant thoughts and committing them to the screen? Reading ancient tomes, picking out facts to support my brilliant arguments? Noooo! I'm blogging.

That's right, with the deadlines looming ever closer, it's procrastination time chez Erin. No half-assed attempts at avoiding work. We use our whole ass 'round these parts! I may feel too guilty about not working on my papers to knit, but at least I can show you pictures of what I was knitting back when I had the time to knit. Also, a cat photo.



My half-done purple Tomato! I decided to put the colorwork under the bust for an empire waist effect. One more row and I'm ready for the pattern.



Why yes, that is half a Monkey! Out of Lorna's Laces, no less. The color is Tuscany, so I call them my Tuscan Monkeys. Love the little blue stripe!



I can has nap? Not right now, but at least the cat's getting some sleep.



Random. But while I had the camera out, I thought I'd take the picture. These are my favorite non-hand knitted socks. My friend Holly got them for me in London back in college. I think Johnny Rotten would be proud.

Hmmm. I seem to be a little punchy. Maybe I should lay off the caffeine. I do have to get up tomorrow, after all. Speaking of which, I bet I am doing something tomorrow morning that none of you are (unless my classmates are still reading. Hi guys!). I'm going to a workshop on sugar sculpting. We're going to make little sugar flowers. Best of all, it's school-related, as we are learning about eighteenth-century European court dining practices. I'll try to get photos to show, though who knows when I'll get them posted.

Well, the papers are calling again, so I'm signing off. Until next time, whenever that is.....

5 comments:

KnelleyBelley said...

Knitting! We love to see knitting! The purple tomato is looking good and your Tuscan Monkeys are gorgeous. I have to stop looking at other people's knitting because it's aggravating my Knitting A.D.H.D. I want to make everything I see. No freakin' time. Speaking of which, get back to work! Papers to write. Go. Did you go yet? Are you still there? Do some work.

And PLEASE take sugar scultping pictures. So cool!

Now go.

anphoe said...

Both the knitting projects look good.

Good luck on the papers. I have the same problem. Too much homework and papers need to be done, but not enough time to do them.

Those British socks are so much fun!

costumechick said...

40 pages? Oh you can wait two or three more days, easy.

Ah grad school.

I love the color of your tomato!

mad knitter said...

Fun! Sugar sculpting! I have to see pics!!!! When I was a teenager I took a class where we made sugar molds, and I thought that was the neatest thing you could do with sugar!
Beautiful knitting, as always. In fact, I can't stand monkeys, but your Tuscan Monkey just might change my mind on that. Classy :).

Best of luck with the school work! It'll all get done, it always does!
Have a great holiday if I don't talk with you before then, and hope your Dad is feeling well.

WifeMomKnitter said...

Your Tuscan Monkeys are very pretty. Good luck with school! And I second what Mad Knitter said. I too wish you a happy holiday and I continue to pray for your dad!